I was awakened at 6:30 this morning by D on his way to bed (somebody stayed up all night playing Wii). That’s ok though because I wanted to get up early enough for some contemplation time. I’ve been pretty sure since Sunday (hurting since last Friday night) that I have an ovarian cyst(s? -it’s been hurting on both sides). I was just at my ob/gyn last week for my annual check-up, and he didn’t say anything, but this was before I started hurting. Being in pain all week prompted me to go to my general practitioner, who was pretty sure that it is a cyst (or cysts). The GP told me that if it was still hurting on Friday, to go have an ultrasound done….which brings me to my dilemma…….Yes, I am still hurting, but I am not nearly as tender on the outside as I was all week. So it’s sort of better. But, since an ultrasound is such a nothing procedure, I am tempted to just go and have it done, just to be on the safe side. I’ve also been (TMI here folks) reaaaaaaaalllllly bloated (last night I looked about 4 months pregnant) and uh, slightly constipated. So I don’t think I’m being irrational if I decide to go and have the scan done. SOMETHING is going on. I guess I’m just afraid of going and looking like a hypochondriac. But, better safe than sorry. I guess I can’t truthfully gauge if it is really better or not, since it’s just been hurting off and on for the past week, so I can’t really tell if it’s lightening up or just not hurting as bad for now.
Still not sure what I will end up doing.
Must consult mom.
Will update soon.
Ps-note to my ovaries-if you are going to be photographed, please remember to sit up straight with your shoulders back-it makes you look so much more self-confident