I’ve always wanted to see all 50 states. Here is a list of all the states I’ve visited:
1. Tennessee (born here, lived here entire life)
6. West Virginia
10. New Jersey
11. New York
So, so far I’ve seen a little more than 1/5 of the states. I want to work in some more this summer. Some states I think I can feasibly go to this summer are:
1. Mississippi. It’s not that far, and we have family in Memphis, so I’m not terribly sure why I’ve never been there before?
2. Arkansas. Again, not that far.
3. Missouri. Not too far and there are some interesting things there, like St. Louis and the Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum.
4. North Carolina (I’ll for sure be passing through here in the fall)
5. South Carolina (Ditto, I’ll be going here in the fall too.)
So if I visit all those states this year, I will have seen 17 states, not too bad.
The states I want to visit MOST( but probably won’t get there THIS summer) are:
1. Washington State
Some interesting places I want to visit soon:
1. Washington D.C.-I would LOVE to go here and I’ve never been. It actually wouldn’t make a bad road trip though….I really would love to see the Smithsonian. And of course the White House.
2. Chicago, IL-Again, it wouldn’t be a bad road trip (Closer than D.C.) and there are lots of things I would like to see…and D has really been wanting to take me to a baseball game (yeah, I’ve never been, it’s not a big thing around here)…so maybe I could persuade D into taking a road trip soon….
3. The beach…ok, so I’ve been to the beach too many times to count, but who doesn’t want to go to the beach?!
4. The Corvette Plant in KY. Vroom vroom.
5. The Smoky Mountains…this is in my home state, and yet I have never been there, a for sure must do on my list.
There are many, many, MANY more places and states I want to visit, but these are the ones that I want to get to soon.
Where have you been?
Where are you going this summer?